Michelle Rodriguez laying down truths
That third gif also sums up the reason why so many queer women in fiction get treated like shit and why we barely get acknowledged as existing at all
These pathetic excuses for writers have no idea how to write a woman who doesn’t want to fuck a man
You never stop being annoyed by the little things. Ever. Everyone is annoying. Bottom line: there is no such thing as a perfect person. But if you found someone who makes you happy by just sitting around and holding hands, then eventually all that other stuff won’t matter.
- Me: you can talk to me whenever you feel bad! I'll always be there for you
- Me: *bottles up problems* *doesnt talk about it with anyone* *lays in bed crying instead of trying to solve my own problems*
"As a kid growing up in India, I always wanted to study in the US. When I turned 18, everything was ready—school paid for, all the preparations finished. But I must have looked worried, because my father asked me, ‘You always wanted to go to America. Why the long face?’ I was 18 and didn’t want to admit any weakness.
'Listen, do people live there?' he asked.
'What do you mean? I said. 'Of course they do.'
'Well, then 70% of your worries are over. They most likely eat, sleep, and walk just like you do. Now, your job is twofold:
First, don’t let the 30% differences overshadow the 70% similarities.
Second, if you have a problem—tell someone, ask for help. If that doesn’t work—tell a second person, and a third.’
Those two pieces of advice helped me then and have guided me throughout my life.”
Now that Chris Pratt is finished with Guardians of the Galaxy, he can finally go back to that Andy Dwyer physique.
I feel like this gifset is relevant to many of your interests.
- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINA GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE
"I haven’t seen too many around lately. Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It’s not dead it’s just that it’s been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity. Well, I’m trying to change all that, and I hope you are too. By dreaming, every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it’s ever faced, ever. So whatever you do, don’t be bored, this is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting."